Friday, June 3, 2011

a habit formed

The other night after an exhausting night with crabby kids....I realized that perhaps all the stress of the evening stemmed from a really crabby Mommy.

I was tired. Busy. A few things just bothered me that, when I look back, were such minor things.

Joel was merely speaking to me and I was just throwing back attitude.

I was not a pleasant person to be around.  9pm approached.  Kids fast asleep.  The thought of going to bed seemed appealing but my mind would be restless with the countless items waiting on my to-do list.

I would normally just trudge through, drink a latte & deal.

This particular night, I did something that I hope to continue.  I ran it out.

I got on my workout gear, stretched and hooked up the ipod.

I ran & ran & ran.

When I got home, it was as if every problem had gone away & I had a surge of energy to finish off the to-do's....

I think I've finally gotten to the place where exercise is a part of my life....and when it's missing for more than a few days...the entire world will know.


2 comments:

Amie said...

That is awesome! Good for you Jessica!

Kimberly said...

inspiring!!!