Monday, February 13, 2012

originality

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever
be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth you will, nine times out of
ten, become original without ever having noticed it.


This quote has never meant more to me as I stare 2012 in the face.  This season has been both beautiful and messy.  I've never felt the need to truly remember and stop to think about the person I was supposed to be.

Given the world in which we live where social media and pinterest come along and lure us on a discovery of 'who am I really?"  or 'Oh I'll create a pin board of 'my style'' - nothing of which has anything to do with us....not even the photograph taken was by us.

Instead of pinning, which I've done too, why don't we start looking inside...thinking, using our brain, deciding for ourselves what today, tomorrow, this year and this decade is supposed to be.  It will not be what 'so and so' pinned....because it's not real.  The originator was never supposed to be this phantom blogger of which we'll never know.  The reality is what is - it's what's inside.

Perhaps less of all this 'sharing & pinning' is what is ahead....or perhaps sharing more about what is equally painful and messy....after all, life isn't rainbows and sunshine always....

I am simplifying, posting less often and writing more often.  I don't write for anyone but me and I write because it heals my soul and makes me realize I'm not crazy - I'm just me. 
print courtesy


Thanks for listening....

No comments: