Monday, February 20, 2012

current makeup loves

It's been nearly 4 years now in the makeup & wedding world.  These last few months working for Bobbi Brown have been really eye opening - especially into her philosophy behind the skin.  I, for one, learned how wrong I was about my own skin and how undernourished it was.

While our skin is comprised of oil & water, it's amazing how off balance the water and/or oil can get and that can affect how our makeup goes on & stays on.

I've been currently using a few products religiously either on myself or on my gorgeous brides - I feel like when I see their wedding images weeks later, I notice what a difference these products really made.  Want to know what they are?



Smashbox Soft Lights Prism Blush 
This gorgeous powder like blush goes on like silk and gives a finish over the cheek that both pops the color and adds a gorgeous focus on the sides of the face.  It's a last-minute touch over each and every bride.
Rosebud Salve
Are you one of those persons who 'eats your lipstick' and cannot get color to stay put?  Your lips are dry honey pie...this formula, over 100 years old, is so soothing to the lips & casts no pigment which is perfect to lie underneath lipstick or refresh on the cold days of winter.
Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara
Winner of the 2012 Editor's Choice Award for 'Best Natural Mascara' - I can't get enough of this formula. 2 coats is what I use and LOVE how easy it is layer and lengthen my lashes.
Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner
I've been introducing people to this eye liner option as of late...it seems intimidating at first: It comes in a pot, you use a brush....ah - seems like a lot of work?  BUT - really, it's faster, more accurate than a pencil and it will last ALL day (or longer if you fall asleep with your makeup on) AND makes it through a sweaty zumba class without budging.  I'm forever a loyal fan to Gel liner....you need to be too.


Bobbi Brown EXTRA Repair Moisturizing Balm
For those of us who are seeing our makeup wash away 3-4 hours after application....or are tired of flaky & chapped dry skin....this balm has been such a remedy.  Even my husband noticed the other day how much softer and clearer my skin looked.  I think my face was just thirsty!

Ok - there are my favorites - if you are interested in trying these types of products, go visit the awesome peeps at Nordstroms-Beachwood Place Bobbi Brown counter - give these a try - when you look in the mirror, it will be proof enough! 

No comments: