Friday, October 8, 2010

ah life

I can't believe how long its been since I've poured out my heart on this little blog.

I sit here, for the first time in 2 weeks, with a few minutes to spare.  I can hardly believe just a year ago I was taking it easy, super duper pregnant, chilling with Jude during the day and watching foodnetwork tv. These days, it's been literally GO GO GO - all the while, with the same (plus way more) responsibilities of the family.

It felt good to stop and breathe this morning.  I cleaned my windows and little Leland followed me around.  His breathing is unmistakeable.  His giggles make me pee in my pants.

I guess after a hectic season, it always feels good to stop and notice the blessing of stillness.

Joel and I had a fantastic date night last weekend - I'm still reeling from the conversation...the food and the night as a whole.  He just completed the design of the 80+ page historical book commemorating the Cleveland City Mission.  It was a project he willing took...not just as a side job to provide for us....but because it was something he loved and believed in.  (pic of the book he designed below)

Last weekend was the banquet officially celebrating the 100-year birthday of the CLE City Mission.  It was emotional to say the least.  I listened to countless stories of lives changed by the acts of mercy over a hundred years.  It is truly possible that we joined some of the most compassionate and kind people in all our city in just that one night.

I love that my husband is, in a small way, a part of that rich history.  I love that we got to sit and be a witness to the faithfulness of God through human hands. 

Isn't the book SO pretty???  Way to go baby!  ;-)

No comments: