Saturday, May 22, 2010

To my dearest Jude London....


Today you are 5. 

You have been awaiting this day for a long time.  
You can use your whole hand to illustrate your age.  
You are getting ready to start Kindergarten.  
You are so incredibly ready.  
You sound your words out. 
You write your name.  
You write letters and numbers so beautifully.  
You are a gifted artist.  
You have a beautiful voice. 
You have a deep compassion that convicts me.
You pray to God when you are scared. 
You never doubt that He hears you. 
You encourage me as your Mommy. 
You care for Leland with such tenderness.
You are more than I could have asked God for, sweet son. 
You are the reason for so much laughter in our home.
You enjoy giving as much or more than getting. 
You have taught me a great deal.
You make me so proud. 

Happy Birthday! Today is your day.  I love you.

~Mommy

No comments: