Wednesday, November 26, 2008

In Memory of Sam...



November 13, 2007 we said goodbye to our 2nd child....Sam. I was 4 months pregnant...weeks away from determining the sex (although my gut tells me I had another boy in there....) and our lives got turned upside down. My husband tells me I'm just now becoming myself again...that brings me joy to hear him say that.

One thing I never knew about women who lost their unborn was that the intimacy they shared with that child...was only theirs to know of. This little one and I shared oxygen, blood, and a body. This little one depended on Mommy (without yet knowing it) for every single need. I'm done with asking "why" and I'm just excited for "when" I get to meet our 2nd-born. They must've been pretty special if God wanted him so soon...

We've named the baby Sam....and are so grateful to our parents, sisters and brothers for keeping a special place in all their hearts for this precious child-who is alive and well in Heaven right now.

"i can imagine heaven's lullabies....and what they must sound like....but I will rest in knowing that Heaven is your home and it's all you'll ever know...."

No comments: