Thursday, February 17, 2011

this word = blows my mind


in·ten·tion·al
–adjective
1.
done with intention or on purpose; intended: an intentional insult.
2.
of or pertaining to intention or purpose.



1.  designed, planned.
 
This word has been spoken often in my circle as of late. 
Not sure it is just the 'latest' cool word to throw about or if what I'm hearing is really the culmination of what human beings truly crave. 
 
Here we are. 
Craving authentic friendships. 
Yet we all struggle. 
Insecurities - Politics - Expectations
 
All of those stand in the way. 
Yet truth about who we are says we are to be people of intention.  We are to wake up with intention to love ourselves - others - God, first & foremost. 
 
Yet, we keep thoughts & even compliments hidden - perhaps for fear of seeming weak or desperate.  If only we knew the power it would evoke if we simply spoke with intention.  

Just recently during a conversation with a friend, I was told some really kind things.  Thoughts she had about me - towards me - they were so uplifting.  I am one of those 'affirmation' people.  It comes easy as I'm a major 'observer' and I like to tell people what I like about them.  It's also relevant of what I like in return. 
 
kindness is strength so be nice  ~ xo
I guess life with intention can yield a great return.  (marriages, parenting, & any relationships for that matter)  It's about NOT having to 'need' the attention - but choosing to focus the attention elsewhere.  It's refreshing.  It's simply selfless.  


DISCLAIMER: There is a HUGE difference between genuine affirmation and flattery.  HUGE!  
Flattery = :-(
 


No comments: