Wednesday, January 5, 2011

coffee

I grew up disliking its taste. 

It was bitter and not satisfying. 

I used to go to coffee shops hoping to like what i ordered but would leave the cup mostly full.

Truth be told, coffee shops were (and still are) more about conversation than coffee.

Then I married Joel. 

Each morning, he wanted a hot cup of fresh, black coffee.

Black. Like no cream or sugar. 
ew.

I started to try and share this with him in the mornings...

I would have the occasional cup.

Since having both boys, the occasional cup turned into the 'near obsession' I now have for coffee.

So much so that if I had to choose coffee or a meal, hands down, I will pick coffee.

Joel picked up on my obsession recently 

He purchased this love present from Sur la Table (one of my favorite culinary stops) 
Isn't it SO pretty?

No comments: