Something about buying a new cookie jar just makes me want to never leave it empty.
Something about a full cookie jar keeps little hands & big hands alike coming back for more.
While I LOVED Nigella's choco chip cookies, this is now my favorite cookie EVER in the world. No. The universe.
The white chocolate oatmeal cookie. It's not pretentious. It's not trying hard to be all cool. It's just hearty, crispy yet soft and goes hand in hand with tea.
Here is the recipe I used - enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the rolled oats, white chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool.