Monday, March 21, 2011

never been more excited to turn 30


So, it's been nearly 8 years since I walked down the aisle with the man of my dreams...

It's also just about 4 months away from my 30th birthday.

I still feel sometimes like I'm 13 years old...but so much has changed.  So much.

I am definitely reflecting more, hoping more, & allowing for new change.  I'm proud of my 29 years.  Really proud. 

Joel was going to have a surprise party - only reason I know this is because I said to him, "Honey, I really don't want a party for my 30th!"  He was a little caught off guard but glad I told him, obviously.  I told him, 'Let's GO somewhere..."

We talked about Chicago...NYC...LA....and then after pricing out some options....we discovered, "Holy Moly, it's a TON of money to stay in the US...why don't we spend a tad more and REALLY travel."

We had been talking with a travel agent and he had been putting together trip ideas for us...some in Barcelona....some in London...some in Paris.  They were pretty reasonable for the location but still just a little out of our price range.

Then came St. Patrick's day - we got a happy little 'Top of the Mornin' to ya' email from him - attached were UNBELIEVEABLE 48 hour specials to Ireland in honor of St. Patty's Day.

We traveled to MI to visit family, combing through each of the specials, reading hotel reviews, & understanding all the fine print.  Today - it's official.  We're going to Ireland.  We couldn't be happier to plan this trip together and make some beautiful memories. 

Happy Birthday to ME!


No comments: