Saturday, March 5, 2011

art


Dictionary.com says that art is:
 
the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
 
Surrounded by creatives and being one as well, I've found that it seems quite common to be very critical of who is actually 'good' at what they do.  I guess I have always found that intimidating & my traits are given to fearing any type of failure.  This being said, I avoid that which I am unsure of being a little bit good at.  
 
I am loving watching my son take an interest in art.  Drawing, painting, cooking. 
 
I had to post some recent projects he brought home.  They simply made me smile and remember that the definition above really does describe what my son is doing.  He really is creating something of more than ordinary significance.   
 
We are excited to watch this gift develop in him....hoping to expose him to much this summer.  Cooking.  Painting.  Swimming.  Maybe even a little typography project....
Jude created a snowman family complete with Mom/Dad, Elderly grandparent, Eldest sister, middle son & baby sister.  CUTE
Dog, of course.  He purposely folded the tongue up so that he would 'kiss' those who came by.  ;-)     
 

No comments: