Wednesday, July 7, 2010

another one of those therapy posts....don't mind me....


I have been doing a ton of thinking lately.

Some of it has led to positive self-change.  Some has led to worry or fear.  It's so hard to control the mind.  To me, positive thinking has come easy.  I used to relate with the movie Pollyanna as I felt like her in so many way.  So much so, I probably annoyed a heap of folks in my path.  Truth be told, sometimes I let a negative vibe gain momentum in my noggin. I get wrapped up....I lose focus of truth...and eventually find myself wallowing in a pit of self-imposed circumstance...of which never really happened. ('cept in my head)

Maybe it's normal.  Maybe it's not.

All I know is that writing it out helps.  It helps to focus on what is constant.  I find as I grow a day older each morning to be intentional about joy.  It really is my strength.  I am also so very grateful for those few friendships I have in my circle that understand/relate/don't judge when I open my very guarded heart up to them. 

Why do I guard my heart so much more now than I did 10 years ago?

No comments: