Tuesday, May 1, 2012

giggle

If you know me well, you might know that when I am pregnant (pretty much never fails) that I will inevitably get the giggles often and unannounced.

I'm talking in the most inappropriate times.

Like in the middle of doctor's office appointments.
Like at dinner with friends talking about something SO NOT funny at all.
When hearing about something tragic (I know - so bad right?)

My kids have been eating it up.  Just when I'm about to nail Jude about something I'm 'done' asking him to stop....or get them to clean their room....I'll mix up a word or two and we'll all end up on the floor practically needing to crawl to the potty from side splitting, gut-busting laughter.

Just the other day, I take my boys to a local playground - they're playing away.  Lee comes up and tries to push Jude off the side of jungle gym set.  Most Mothers would urgently stop the small child from such a dangerous act.  Jude and I chose to laugh embarrassingly long instead.

I am not sure why this happens.
I think I've probably offended many in these 3 separate sets of 9-month giggle fests.
I also wouldn't change it for the world...

If you are cheerful you feel good; 
If you are sad, 
you hurt all over. 
Proverbs 17:22

No comments: