Thursday, December 8, 2011

a wall

Joel recently transformed our first floor space with new paint & freshly laid tile by our hearth.  With the addition of our Christmas tree (which by the way is our FAVORITE ever) we are just so enjoying the look & feel of our home & living space.

There is one naked wall, however.  It used to hold some prints that we got at a local store but we are just simply wanting to tell a bolder story and draw the eye upward once you walk into our living space.

After a trip to Ireland which has of course inspired intense desire to travel ALL over the world....we've decided to create a wall of maps.

All shapes, All sizes, in modern frames, in vintage frames, just plain old maps....with the hopes that they will spark conversation with those who visit and create in us the desire to not only speak of various cities but to go out and see them with our own eyes.

Here is some of my inspiration....
this one, of course, captures my heart as it's home....
I love this idea for sending a gift to a friend who enjoys seeing the world as much as we do....
This one I could stare at for hours....
I love the modern & fresh feeling this one has - it also reminds me of climbing Pikes Peak back in 2000 with Joel and 500 of my closest friends....



No comments: