Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Leland Ryan...



Dear Leland,

Today is your day. I'm not sure you get it.

You are 2, little love.

This is a phenomenal surprise as it literally feels only moments ago I stared you in the face when we met. I will never forget the first words I spoke to you: I prayed for you for so long.

I did.

So many did.

Here you are, the perfect combination of rough & tumble, lover & snuggler, sass & wit. We have been your biggest fans since day 1. You carry with you such a loving smile & tender heart. We are so proud of you & how great a little brother you are. One day, we hope to call you a big brother.

In all that you may encounter in birthdays to come, know you are backed & whole-heartedly loved by a family that believes in you, your creativity & your dreams. Nothing is too big or too grande. If you can imagine it, go after it.

For now, I'll take all the snuggles you give & tickle you until you can barely stand it. Your laughter makes life beautiful & your kisses are sweet as honey.

Happy Birthday to my Leland....

Love,

Mommy



Before you go to sleep,
Say a little prayer,
Every day in every way,
It's getting better and better,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Out on the ocean sailing away,
I can hardly wait,
To see you to come of age,
But I guess we'll both,
Just have to be patient,
Yes it's a long way to go,
But in the meantime,

Before you cross the street,
Take my hand,
Life is just what happens to you,
While your busy making other plans,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,




2 comments:

Debi Bellville said...

*tears* Beautiful, Jess. I know how much you cherish this day. You are blessed. God's love for you is evidenced in that beautiful child. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LELAND!!!

JMillerFam said...

thanks debi. indeed it is a cherished day. love you!