I am looking for a Lasagna recipe that is PHENOMENAL. I want to have one I make that tells stories. I thought of trying to master a vegan type but am open to suggestions...this one sounds pretty delish....
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 10-oz. bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 12-oz. pkgs. firm tofu, drained
- 1 8-oz. pkg. vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 5 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 12 uncooked whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 12 oz. vegan Italian sausage links, cut into thin rounds, or soy sausage crumbles, broken apart
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella flavor rice or soy cheese (3 oz.)
Want to try it?
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Saute onions & garlic, add spinace & wilt. Transfer to processer & add tofu, cream cheese, basil & nutritional yeast until smooth & thick. Season with salt/pepper.
Start layering with red sauce, noodles, filling & finish with remaining sauce/shredded cheese on top.
Cover/bake for 30 minutes until bubbling hot.