Friday, October 28, 2011

ultimate comfort in a crock pot

So, I only make a few things in my crockpot.

Every time I do, I wonder why I don't choose to make MORE things in there.

This recipe I want to share today is our quintessential recipe for Macaroni & Cheese. It's texture is SUPER rich, very creamy & feeds a TON!

This recipe is NOT vegan for those of you who got excited about finally finding a vegan alternative....sorry 'bout that.

My boys rave & quietly devour this when made. In fact, it's the perfect football-eating food on a rainy day.

Most of the ingredients you probably ALREADY have - even better!



3c macaroni noodles, cooked al dente
3+ cups of cheese (the more, the cheesier obviously)
1 can evaporated milk
garlic (as much as you enjoy) I use 2 cloves minimum.
1 stick of butter, melted
1 egg
salt/pepper to taste

Step 1: Spray down the crock pot with PAM to avoid a messy cleanup

Step 2: Cook your Macaroni and pour into sprayed crock pot
Step 3: Add remaining ingredients, mix well

Step 4: Cook 2.5 to 3 hours on low and DO NOT STIR.

After the time is up, you will have creamy mac'n'cheese in the middle with some texture along the rim that is DELISH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Can you tell me what type of cheese you usually use? I am a beginner cook :)