Friday, December 10, 2010

something I learned from my Mama

Christmas was so special in our home.  My mom has become an amazing baker over the years.  Her skills reach from breads to holiday cookies to cakes and intricate cake-decorating.

A moment during Christmas I always loved was when she did a weekend of baking just for those who lived near us.  She would put together little trays of fun and festive cookies or breads and hand-deliver them with a smile.  I remember bundling up alongside her and giving the shy 'hi' wave that my boys do now. 

Well....as each day passes, I become more and more like her. (and I loooooooooooooove that) so off I go to deliver fresh pumpkin loaves, Christmas greetings, and a smile....along with the grin of my Leland.  

In the wise words of DC Talk, Luv is a verb.

Happy Friday!

No comments: