Tuesday, April 24, 2012

day dreaming

So like 17 people in my life gave birth last week.

Ok that's exaggerating a tad.

More like 4 but that's STILL alot.  NOT to mention it happens to be a week where its EVERYONE's birthday....

Makes you wonder why everyone was gettin' busy 9 months ago?  ;-)

I'm nearing that 9th month.  My baby boy is snug as a bug in a placenta.  He's getting intense with the movement and pretty much anytime I want him to move for someone, I can get him going.  He's not a fan of me lying on my side when sleeping so he tends to shove and punch and we're getting to the point where those sweet little butterflies feel more like intense physical trauma.  I'm thrilled he's growing and active, though.  It's truly all that matters to me.

With the influx of facebook & instagram photographs of all these sweet newbies, I'm finding myself day dreaming about my guy.  Summer lovin' with 3 cuties to care for....grilling out...walks to the park & lots of breastfeeding.  ;-)

During most of 2011, I spent the year eating a plant-based diet  -  a simple exercise to see if it would relieve endometriosis symptoms.  It most certainly did - in fact, my body (who has previously needed some help conceiving) found it no problem at all to make this little guy.

Since we found out, I've stuck to mainly vegetarian and it's worked well.  I'm getting excited about this summer's fresh foods, CSA programs, and some new ideas on how to get nutrients into my men and me without fussing over it too terribly.  I'm thinking smoothies will be our summer go-to for a few reasons:
1-When you breastfeed, you're thirstier than ever
2-You can hide loads of veggies in them and the kids never notice.

Here is a great recipe and one I am excited to make over and over....such a fan of blueberries around here and think this one will be so energizing while the sleepless summer nights are upon us.  ENJOY!



Blueberry Acai Smoothie
vegan, serves 2 adults

1 1/2 cups Almond milk
1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 acai frozen smoothie pak OR 1 cup acai juice
*if you use the juice, remove 1/2 cup of the soy milk
3/4 cup ice

No comments: