Friday, October 22, 2010

all in how you look at it.

It's been one of those weeks. 
Hectic. Busy. 
My housework didn't all get done. 
My laundry sits in baskets.

I had a talk with my husband last night about gratitude. 
I looked back.  I remembered. 
Times when life was tougher. 
When I felt like I was owed something. 
When I felt like I deserved better. 
Then I open my eyes to the reality of life. 
I am so grateful. 

At the start of 2010, Joel and I had a talk.
Surrounding contentment
Our prayer in 2010 was to live in the moment. 
Isn't it a shame when we anticipate the future 
and lose the joy of the present?

I find it hard to be anything but joyful 
when I live a life of thanksgiving. 
It's hard for me to throw myself a pity party
when no one is joining me in it.  
It's not a fun party to attend anyway.

In a meeting this week, the subject of 'what is cool" came up.
I have not forgotten what was this person told me. 
"I stopped caring if people think I'm cool" 
and I just thought...
'that is pretty cool." 

Off to love life and thank God for each bit of it. 
I love life just how Leland loves his blankie.
Hope you are too.

No comments: