Wednesday, September 22, 2010

you're an original too

Oh the press is giving Jessica Simpson SUCH a hard time.  I would hate to be in her shoes - being scrutinized and such for gaining a few pounds.  Something we ALL do from time to time....but I guess that's the price to pay for fame.  It got me thinking, though....

 Do you ever get preoccupied with the superficial stuff?  I think we all do. 

What is on trend for Fall or what are the fashion dont's.  While I agree with much of the experts here and there, sometimes I go overboard in my thinking.

I have to remember I was created to have interests, desires and likes/dislikes and they may not always be on trend with what is on the runway in Milan.

Have you ever had someone copy your style?  On more than one occasion, I seem to notice people in my life-radius all of a sudden have a haircut like mine...or the exact same clothing I just bought.  They say that 'imitation is the most sincere form of flattery' but to be honest, I hate flattery!  Probably because it's not authentic and there is nothing on earth I appreciate more in my relationships than authenticity.

Just be you.  I'll be me.

*Disclaimer*
I do realize that, to some degree, we're all copy cats from what we see in window displays, magazines, etc.  Even the bible will tell us that there really isn't anything 'new under the sun' - but my point here is I believe that we can get caught up in duplicating something we like while we were given something very spectacular to work with.

Just a little tid bit from my heart to yours.  Beauty is everywhere.  In me.  In you.  Do what YOU like. Wear what YOU wear.  At the end of the day, you are the one who has to live with you. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Jessica. i really appreciate your thoughtful blogs. They inspire and encourage me. Keep 'em comin'... Love, ally~