Thursday, November 8, 2012

the sweetest song

If you've been following along the Miller family journey of intensity these days, I'm happy to report everyone is healthy, happy and even kind of having a blast!

Life is still nuts.  Sleep is still scarce but we're coming into some normalcy as to be expected at or around 6months post partum.

A little moment happened in the car I've been meaning to write about.  I mean kids say cute things all the time and I could honestly write EVERY day about that.

But....this was altogether sweet and beyond what I expected out of my eldest, Jude.

We were coming home from the gym.  I have been really faithful with working out and my kids have been having fun in the child playroom area.  It's helped de-stress me a ton.

Anyway, on our 10 minute ride home, the baby fussed.  He wasn't full out sobbing but was just 'done' being in his car seat.  I tried consoling him and even making those funny noises Moms make that usually pull out a smile from a baby.  Nothing worked.

Joel called, could barely hear him over the baby's fussing and whimpering.  All of a sudden, he stopped crying.  I stopped to listen and peeked through the rear view mirror to see my Jude putting his face near Simon's (something I do all the time to calm him) and singing this:

"Hush little baby don't say a word....
Jude's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
And if that mocking bird won't sing.
Jude's gonna buy you a star wars ring."

He sang just these lyrics over and over....and calmed sweet Simon to sleep.

*GRATEFULSIGH*

No comments: