Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


It's nearly Thanksgiving....our plans include a morning of preparation of a turkey, sweet potato souffle, and green beans....and then on to my Grandma's house while our food cooks....My Grandmother is hosting Thanksgiving at her place...and I'm very excited about it. Not because of the food or because of any reason but that I truly thank God for her. She watched me as I grew up and taught me so many things about life and about love. She is such a delight to be around and while her first language was spanish, the language barrier never was one.

I always felt her love and even stronger do I feel it now. I look forward to squeezing her tight tomorrow....telling her I love her and gobbling food down with her. I'm grateful to have such a wonderful great-grandma to my son too. He is her little prince and there are certain "snuggles" only reserved for her. I love you Abuela...you are the BEST!

Happy Thanksgiving to all....

No comments: